A good neighbour is….
Jesus said to his disciples, “Love your neighbour as yourselves.” We are his disciples too. How to go about it? A rule or two? (In no particular order.)
1. You have your own interests but remember that the interests of others are just as important.
2. As far as you are able try to see things from other people’s point of view.
3. Don’t say, “Never mind – it could be WORSE.” For some of them it is!
4. Please remember, you don’t know it all!
5. Be cheerful with people who need a laugh.
6. Shed tears with those who are sad.
7. Never try to hog the limelight!
8. Is there anything they need that I can get?
9. Be a really good LISTENER.
10. Pray for everybody concerned because God knows everything about it, and YOU DON’T!